- Name That Tune ~ July 13, 7pm
July 13, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Get your team of up to four people together to compete in KSJD’s 1st Annual Name That Tune team competition!
A free reception with KSJD’s volunteer DJs with be held from 6:00 to 7:00pm, $5.00 at the door for Name That Tune spectators after 7:00pm.
Sign up your team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Name That Tune Competition Rules
- Teams of up to four people
- $200 entry fee per team
- Head-to-head team competition between four to eight teams
- Host plays a song and the first team to hit the buzzer has to correctly identify both song and artist of the song to earn a point. As soon as a team hit the buzzer, playback of the song stops.
- If a team incorrectly identifies the song and/or artist, they can choose to purchase a “Do Over” for $20 to guess once more before allowing the other team to steal.
- If the team that buzzed in first does not correctly identify the song within 30 seconds, and declines to purchase a “Do Over”, the other team may steal by correctly identifying the song within 10 seconds and earn the point.
- If neither team hits the buzzer after one minute into a song, that song is passed and another is played.
- The first team to earn three points wins the round and advances to the next round (the championship round is won by the first team to earn five points).
- Teams compete in a single-elimination, bracket style of competition. If necessary, teams will be chosen for first round byes through a random process that is fair to all teams (for example, drawing straws).
- The host has sole discretion to decide if a song and artist are identified correctly. For example, if a team guesses “The Beatles – Strawberry Fields” instead of the full title “Strawberry Fields Forever” the host may award the team a point since this may be deemed “close enough”.
The championship team will win a trophy, KSJD t-shirts and stickers, and four tickets to Sunflower Theatre events.
Venue: Sunflower Theatre
Located in the historic Basin Industrial Bank building adjacent to the KSJD radio studios in downtown Cortez, Colorado.